Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Interview with Georgia E. Jones


Georgia E. Jones rocks my world. I've known her since high school (I had an embarrassing crush on her younger brother, Charlie, but don't tell anyone), and I see her every day. If not more often. What's even cooler? She's a bang-up writer. I mean, she's one of those people you just know is going somewhere. Her story in Alison's Wonderland is "The Walking Wheel," a historical take on Rumpelstiltskin. Here, she answers my standard down-the-rabbit-hole questions, and she asks *me* one of her own:

1) Which fairy tale character would you most like to do and why?

The beast. Most definitely the beast, in all his hirsute glory. I cried hot tears at the end of that story, which everyone thinks has a happy ending, but to me it was sad. He was so much more attractive and interesting as the beast than as the blond Ken doll. Clearly my biases are showing: a strong preference for dark and hairy.

2) If your fairy godmother or fairy godfather (I’m an equal opportunity fairy employer) waved a magic wand over your head and granted you three wishes, what would you be wearing during your wishing?

During my wishing I would be wearing overalls encrusted with swarovski crystals, the kind of outfit I think is sexy, but no one else does. At least one of the wishes would be the FG trying to get me to wish for some new clothes.

3) What would you wish for?

This is like a trick question. Of course I should say, No hungry children in all the world. Is it that big of a wish? If it's just a small personal wish, I would ask for a lifetime supply of batteries; they are expensive. And some shoes.

4) Do you own fairy wings? A little red riding hood? Glass slippers? If yes, please describe. Or send photos!

I don't own any of the aforementioned, although I just got an interesting visual of a woman wearing all three at once... or a man. I'm an equal opportunity fantasizer.

5) What question would you most like to ask another author in the line-up?

I would ask Alison Tyler when she came up with the great idea to do a book of erotic fairy tales. In some ways, the original versions were closer to these than what they've become. Darker, grimmer (no pun intended) and scarier.

6) What would you like to tell readers about your story in Alison’s Wonderland?

Thank you for reading it! And if you liked it, I'm really happy.

7) What fairy tale would you love to tackle in the future?

There are so many fun ones it's hard to choose. I always liked the one about the sisters; the red rose and the white rose. There was a bear involved somewhere in there. Here we go again with the dark and hairy...

And a big kiss to Alison for putting this project together and doing such a fantastic job.

She had to go and ask *me* a question! I'll come back later on and give an answer. For now, if you'd like, toss a comment her way. What I've decided to do is gather up *all* the prizes I ordered and put them together in one grand prize! So if you've commented on any of the interviews thus far, you are in the running to win a hodgepodge of interesting Etsy items!

XXX,
Alison